So, something really simple was staring me in the face and I ignored it. CSS transforms. I've switched to that, but I still like the webkit stuff, it was fun to glue together.
This Sunday I tinkered for a few hours on a little project. I registered the Unicode version of my domain name, upside down (ÇÉ¥É”ÉÉ”Ê‡ÇÊŒlÇÊŒ) This was inspired by the post from The Sad Story Of The Unicode Snowman: â˜â†’â„â†’â˜ƒâ†’â˜€â†’â˜ºâ†’â˜‚â†’â˜¹â†’âœ.ws as posted on Hacker News.
It had to be a .com, but I bought it from DreamHost anyway.
Next I thought about Upside-Down-Ternet from a while back, but I wanted mine to be all upside down.
So, I glued together some stuff and I now have an upside down copy of this website at that domain. It's a bit rough right now, I'm rendering it in Webkit with wkhtmltopdf and then rotating and slicing with ImageMagick, all glued together with PHP and some shell scripting.
I want it to be an actual HTML copy eventually, but if you visit my domain it should show you anything on www.velvetcache.org. You can even view this post: http://www.ÇÉ¥É”ÉÉ”Ê‡ÇÊŒlÇÊŒ.com/2010/12/27/www-ÇÉ¥É”ÉÉ”Ê‡ÇÊŒlÇÊŒ-com
I added a little link to all of my pages to let you flip them in place, it's the very bottom right and it says "[dÄ±lÉŸ]". It's my newest little easter egg, like the Konami Code.