Whew...I just spent about 5 hours finishing up my CMS system and writing a script to grab info from Last.fm. If you scroll down far enough you'll see the "Recent Listens" which is the end result of that script. Most of the time was spent making frustratingly close regex matches to grab images from their (read amazons) server.
Next up is the listing and viewing mechanisms for blogs and articles. Once I have that I'll try to make it more modular, clean it up, write an installer, and stick it out on the net. Poof, instant CMS project.
Coming soon is the gallery code, Last.fm code, SimpleNotes, and more worthless junk.
In the meantime check out natetrue.com for some really cool hardware/software projects. Thats where I got the code I warmed over for the dynamic thumbnails I'm going to start using more often.